Monday, October 7, 2013

Regarding My Beard Three: My Real-Life Face



As tears fell this weekend, I said goodbye to the hairy friend I was keeping on my face.

The person I see in the mirror still looks strange to me.  I imagine it is more than just because I hadn't seen that person since last March, but I won't dissect it too much.

The chorus of "Shavers" was growing and so was the reality of needing a... what do you people call those things?... riiiight, a JOB.   And so it was time. 

I let my friend live a little in his last few days before we parted ways for good: 


Of course, I'm already starting to think it had something to do with the awful showing in Cincy by the Pats this weekend.  But, for the time being, employability is more important than the Pats W-L (we're still 4-1, after all). 

Now, it's time to go find a job with this new face.  Wish me luck!

With this reality upon me, and this time I mean it, I'm going to work on a few key posts of summary for this thing over the next couple of weeks.  You know, before it get carried away by the next great thing. 

I had intended on that already happening at this point, but I've been having so much fun with a lot of you.   So, really it's your faults.  

Not that I want you to leave me alone.  I like you all, even if my beard is very mad at some of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music From the Trip