Sunday, November 11, 2012

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!


I knew there would be certain things that I would inevitably miss when taking this year away from my life back home.  The seeming ubiquity of the internet so far has made it easier to keep up with it, albeit slowly --  I think I'm now up-to-date on Sandy, Elections, dating lives, book clubs, etc. etc. At least reading them, responses are another thing.  BUT -- I promise they are coming. (BTW - I’ve really enjoyed the notes that you guys have sent me – so my apologies for the delayed responses)

Two notes in particular have highlighted how small the world has become and yet how big it can still feel.  Two notes that made me happier than anything else the last 4 weeks.  

The two separate notes were introductions to my friends’ newborn daughters.  The first was born October 24th and the other just yesterday.  

So, I'll introduce these two lovely ladies to all of you, while sending a(nother) big welcome from me to this crazy, crazy world:



Eliana Simone Loew

-and-

 Elizabeth Grey Benderly



I look forward to meeting you and, once you get to an appropriate age, telling you stories about your Dads.  Dads - you can't stop this from happening.

To the parents - I won’t get all deep about being at an orphanage as you become parents for the first time.  

Let’s just say that I'm so incredibly excited for the adventure that awaits you.   And these two little girls could not be luckier to have you as parents.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks Guy. - as long as those stories don't include an Uncle Sam hat and running down Downing Street or anything I don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call dibs on telling Elizabeth the shower radio story, though Miller can possibly trump me by showing its national television debut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loewfer - I don't accept your terms.


    Davies - I can live with that.

    ReplyDelete

Music From the Trip