Saturday, January 26, 2013

A travel story I keep forgetting to mention



When I left Tanzania, I posted a picture of our “night on the town” and got two responses within a couple of days. 

One was from Hilly whom I met at RVCV and the other was from Luca whom I met on the way to Cappadocia and spent a few days with there. (Note: They are both in the middle of the above pictures) They had seen each other via the blog and were reaching out to me.

It turns out that they knew each other and had met randomly when travelling through Morocco together several years back.

At the time I thought it was pretty damn cool and was blown away by the reality of just how small a world this is.  I'm not sure why I didn't share it at the time, but I still take it as a sign that the travel gods are shining down on this adventure.

Oddly enough, it wasn’t the only overlap of lives.  As it happened again when I was still in Cape Town and I randomly bumped into a former colleague when heading into our favorite restaurant, The Codfather.

Here’s to much more randomness ahead!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Music From the Trip