Friday, May 17, 2013

Falling for Sydney...

I didn't realize how much I missed Fall after being in warm climates for the majority of the last 4 months.

Well, the weather is perfectly fall here is Sydney.  Crisp air and all.  And I'm loving it.

When I arrived, my friend Freya...  You remember Freya, right?  From Turkey?


Anyway, she picked me up at the airport and then made me take a shower when we got to her place.   She was the one who dubbed me "Sweaty Parker" and I'm sure she just didn't want to take any chances.

It's gone up from there.  Considerably.  Once I had freshened, we ventured off to a a wonderful Harbor Cruise on a 52' Ketch that she had set up with a family friend.  I got full a tour of Sydney Harbor and of course a view of the Bridge and Opera House from the Water.    Of course, the weather could not have been better!


I have heaps (to use an Aussie phrase) more pictures of this place.  It's very photogenic.   I'll post some more to the Tumblr page. 

The next day I did a walking tour of Sydney -- complete with a visit to the Fish Market, where I found some Oysters and Pelicans and some more time around the Opera House.



Oh, and this guy too!

From there I spent two days hiking in the Blue Mountains setting up base in Katoomba and walking around Leura and Katoomba Falls, in addition to the Three Sisters!


Sweaty Parker reappeared for real!

The Leura Cascades

Katoomba Falls

The Three Sisters!

The Panorama of Solitary Mountain and the Valleys of the Blue Mountains.

And then a day walking along the Cliffs at Bondi Beach, even going for  a (brief) swim.  The air was chilly, but it felt great!  Seeing as how I likely won't be able to swim in Southern Australia (and maybe again on this trip) it was well worth the chill.


That's all from Sydney for now.  Catch you all from the Great Ocean Road.  A big thanks to Freya, and her family, for being such amazing hosts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music From the Trip