Friday, December 14, 2012

Penguins!

We took an amazingly stunning drive the day before yesterday out to Cape Point.  


Along the way, we ran into more than a few penguins!

Being quiet possibly the classiest animals in the wild, we had to make a stop to hang out for a little bit.    

It was well worth the stop.  They do, however, really make a guy feel underdressed.




The scene in Boulders is quite lively, with the little guys sunning themselves and playing in the water. 



Don't touch them though! 
(R500 Fine might have been worth it to smuggle one of these dudes home though!)

And don't forget this before you leave:

Apparently, there is also some dispute over whether L'Agulhas is the place where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet.  We couldn't risk getting our Indian/Atlantic experience disqualified on a technicality, so we ventured out to the most Southwestern tip of Africa to make sure.

The Cape of Good Hope.  Check!  
(It was ridiculously windy and the water going every which way)

The adventure continued yesterday with a bang for Jared's last day in Africa.  We closed out his two weeks Wine Tasting in Franschhoek, Stellenbosch and Somerset West.  It was awesome!

Stay tuned for a full report.

Also: I've posted some alternate shots on the Tumblr site, if you're looking for some more shots from the adventure. (Some may be the same.  I can't keep track.  Apologies).




2 comments:

  1. Hi Parker,
    We met a few years ago through mutual friends. I heard about the adventure you will be on for the next year, and I think it is incredible. It has been so fun to see different parts of the world through your blog. I am pretty envious!
    I have been to Europe twice within the past year and the travel bug has gotten a hold of me and has left me craving for more!
    So when I heard what you have been doing, it got me inspired big time! Since going abroad I have been through every imaginable scenerio on how to do more extensive traveling and it is amazing to see that it can be acheived!
    Excited to see more and if any free time allows I would love for you to share any knowledge you have.
    Have fun and keep the pictures coming! Sarah Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah - Welcome to "Club 'Cuz it's Round". Hope you continue to enjoy the adventure!

    Plenty of "knowledge" to share.

    It is a big decision to do it like this, obviously. I guess the best advice that I'm qualified to give at this point is to keep going anywhere you can. Even if it is a small trip. As long as you're going, it'll lead to the adventure you're meant for.

    More philosophy (aka hot air) and knowledge (aka confusing ramblings) via email. Send me a note, since I can't figure out your email address!

    ReplyDelete

Music From the Trip