Thursday, June 27, 2013

Daddy's Girl

"But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks?  It is the east, and Juliet is the sun."
- Shakespeare


It with great pleasure that I welcome to Earth, Juliette Mickelina Thompson.

The new daughter of my friends Elise and Trevor, she came into this world on June 22nd weighing in at a lithe 5lbs and 10oz.  Which can only mean that she's got a bit more of her mom in her.

I'm so excited for you, your Mom and your Dad.

May your life be filled with hayrides and birthday cakes.

May you give your Daddy full diapers thrice daily.

May you be an unwavering ally to your Mother (and me) in all family matters.

May your Romeos escape the barrels of your Daddy's shotgun and then the barrels of my howitzers.  (This shouldn't be too hard for you, since you aren't allowed to date until you're 35.)

And may the reflected effulgence of the brilliant sun of your life, little Juliette, shine for a very long time.

I can't wait to meet you in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music From the Trip