Saturday, August 17, 2013

Boobies!


I'm on a roll with fake things in Ecuador.  First the Fake Equator and now the Fake Galapagos, Isla Del Plata.  It is the one you can get to for $40 vs. thousands.

And, it ain't the poor man's version of the Galapagos for nothin'.  There aren't any Sea Lions, Penguins, Turtles or Iguanas.  But there are tons of Boobies.  But, at least these Boobies are real.  And, they're fantastic.

'How are people supposed to take me seriously when my feet BLUE?"

"I dare you to call me a Boobie again"


Hard to look inconspicuous with those blue feet, fellas...

'Leave me alone, I'm kinda blue today'




I've also been diving here the past couple days and finally got to see the Manta Rays.  I didn't get any shots, but was diving with a few Manta Researchers (what a life these guys have!) and you can see (some of) their photos here and learn about their mission:   http://www.mantasecuador.org/.  A couple of them said that one of the ones we saw today was among the biggest they've ever seen.  Having only seen 4 or 5 in my life (all today), I'm not the best judge.  But, the one in question was MASSIVE.  Easily 7 meters in width.   And we did all the dives to the soundtrack of the Humpback Whales singing to each other.  So Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music From the Trip