Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mini Homecoming...

So, of course this was a bit of a homecoming weekend.  Filled with the comforts of home and things/people I've been missing.  It sure has set the stage for more greatness to come.

Top Ten Things (some with pictorial reference):

1. Oysters at the Matunuck Oyster Bar:


2. Nephews: They're huge little chatterboxes now.  And good huggers!  Ian even gave me a kiss!

Conor Investigating the Ants

Ian Executing a Flawless Jump

3. Family:

Roy and Mike joined via phone...

4. Hittin' the Beach with Friends:






5. 'Gansett Sunsets - Oh, Rhodie!


6. Mini-Golf - There were some family members missing from the tournament, but I won it this year by a stroke.

7. Whale's Tale Pale Ale - The "real" (according to me) Whale's Tale.  Love it!

8. Being witness to my mom's uniquely lovable brand of Crazy for the first time in months.  One particularly fun story is how she's been trying to poison me by making Decaf Coffee and trying to pass it off as the good stuff.  I knew something was up and finally sniffed it out yesterday morning.

9. Hot Weather.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVED South America.  But it's nice to feel the heat of the summer.

10. Being home -  The International Portion was amazing.  But being home is great too.  And now I'm looking forward to pickin' up the bag again for another adventure.   I leave first thing in the morning for Hudson, OH and a few more things that I'm looking forward to - some of those being:
  • Baseball Games - Rockies, A's, Dodgers, plus Mets and Yankees when I get back to NYC.  Don't worry, I'll share some hot dog and beer pictures
  • Seein' Friends 
  • Kissin' Babies
  • Punxsatawney, PA - You'll get a shot of Phil if I can find him tomorrow for sure!
  • Camping - I've swapped out the contents of my pack and am now stocked up with my Camping gear.  
  • National Parks - Will be trying to hit Zion, Arches, Moab, Bryce, and maybe Yosemite. 
  • Driving Through the Rockies and the West.
  • My Grandmother turning 99 years old.  99!  Jeez, that's crazy town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music From the Trip