Thursday, October 4, 2012

Big Apple Punch!

September 29th, 2012


I've had the pleasure of spending time in the company of many friends over the last couple of weeks.   We've talked about my trip and what my goals are.  What I'll miss and what I think I'll do when I get back.  We've eaten great food, seen shows, laughed, and caught up like usual.  

Then, inevitably, the parting of ways and the "until next time".  As you know, I'm not the most emotional guy.  But it has been harder than I expected to say "see ya later" and not know when that will be exactly.   

Saturday night a few friends organized a tasteful, little "Bon Voyage" (with pork!) party that made it hard to say "bye", but I couldn't think of a better way to do so. 

Friends from all stages of my life -- High School, College, Work, and Life -- stayed up way past their bed time eating a number of different Pig products (including my fave - Hill Country), drinking "Parker's Leaving the Big Apple Punch" (bourbon, apple cider, ginger ale) and finally Singing/Dancing along with a cover band to the point that I was hoarse (and still am). 

It's not often I get that many of the people I love in one room.  It was something special; a top 5 kinda night. 

So to my friends who could be there and those that could not, THANK YOU!  I wouldn't be who I am today without you and I couldn't do what I'm about to do without your support, encouragement, worrying, advice and love.

And thank you for my hog snout.  It's coming with me.







T-Minus 7 days....  (but, really, who's counting?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music From the Trip