Thursday, March 7, 2013

Keep on Cookin' - Thai Style


Just before we left for today's activity - Thai Cooking Class - I hit a wrong button and accidentally deleted all the images from the first 4 days in Thailand.  I'm working on recovering them, so hopefully there will still be a post, but who knows.

Megan comforted my messing this up by saying "at least we both don't have travel diarrhea.  That would be worse than losing the pictures."

Comforting on so many levels.  Especially seeing as how we were going to spend the day cooking food.


And what a day it was here in Chiangmai.  We spent the day with Yui from A Lot of Thai and had a lot of fun learning a few new dishes and going to the local market.  She's a great, and funny, instructor and I'd have to recommend spending a day with her if you ever come to CM.

We cooked:

Pad Thai -



Green and Red Curries -




Thai Hot and Sour Soup - 



And I only received one warning to stay on my side of the kitchen (I didn't need a second!): 


But, we finished the day (without incident) at the local market where I had the best Iced Coffee! It even came in a plastic bag: 


That's all for now -- back to the web to see if I can get the proper software to recover those other photos...   Tomorrow is our day with the Elephants...




3 comments:

  1. Pictures are amazing buddy - need some for my classes.

    If I saw you near me food like that I wouldn't eat it.

    FYI - Willow is 25 years old today! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Beyonddd jealous! Thailand is at the top of my list! And to take a cooking class would be a dream. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, Lebowski turns 15!

    And you should reconsider eating the food, Loewfer. It doesn't just look delicious, it is!

    ReplyDelete

Music From the Trip