Monday, March 11, 2013

Railay, Thailand

I know beach/paradise shots are always real popular.  Particularly on Mondays....

But, well, this has to be one of the best beaches I've ever been to.   (Sorry Lil Rhodie!)


You can only get here by boat:


And the sunsets are pretty killer:


Damn!

We've been relaxing the couple of days here, and will get into the snorkel and kayak scene at the next stop of Koh Phi Phi, but we did take time to hike to a hidden lagoon yesterday.



Hard to describe, and the pictures don't really do it justice, but it was incredible.  The limestone rock faces that you see shoot up a couple hundred feet on every side, with the tidal pool at the bottom.   There are Stalactites or Flowstones (I'm not a geologist, so I'm not sure exactly what they are) flowing down the sides of the rocks.  The camera got a little fritzy due to an emergence of Sweaty Parker, so this is the best I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music From the Trip